What is E-Commerce and why everyone talks about it?
Those who don't have an E-Commerce, are losing
If you have a physical product and you don’t have an e-commerce (online store), you are losing money!
In the past, in order to sell in new locations, we had to go knocking doors with our bags on our back with the product to see if anyone wanted to buy. A lot of big businesses started that way. But, of course, this is already outdated (not to mention that gasoline is getting more and more expensive).
Then we evolved and, to expand our business, we started to open physical stores in various locations in order to reach as many people as possible. But what happens? We increase sales but we also increase costs.
If we could reach millions of people without wasting gas or having to open a store in every corner of the city like the Chinese do, wouldn’t it be incredible?
So, what is E-Commerce?
An E-commerce is an online store, where we can advertise and sell all of our products or services to any corner of the world, in any language, and without having to leave home. In the case of virtual stores, traffic is free to receive as many customers as you want, at any time of the day or night, without borders.
Diversify your products. Learn how to sell on Telegram.
What does it take to build an online store?
So, you already know what is e-commerce. Now, you should know that, of course, to create an e-commerce there is an investment. The same happens when we open a physical store, but the costs are much lower and much more profitable. But where to start?
In a simplified way, consider that your initial expenses will be divided into three categories:
- Basic structure of the store: the website;
- Awareness (BRAND);
- Management and Optimization.
As you can imagine, it is difficult to estimate values in a general way, since the investment required depends on the size of the business and the industry. However, we have separated some information that can be useful to create an online store:
- Forget the idea that it is possible to have a virtual store with zero cost. The websites that offer this, are not an option, they only generate problems later.
- This does not mean that you need to invest a small fortune to set up your eCommerce. With the evolution of technology, it is possible to find excellent options for e-commerce platforms or companies with affordable prices.
- Despite the importance of the price, you must not forget that the choice should not be based on that requirement. The most important thing is that it has the necessary features for your business. The best way to avoid the risk of throwing money in the trash is to look for a company that specializes in websites and e-commerce.
Whatever you’re B2C, B2B, or C2C business, to have an online store the main thing is to have the product and the brand, the rest is peanuts.
Do you already have e-commerce? Check these 6 reasons and solutions to recover abandoned carts
Starting an E-Commerce can be simple with a little help
The transition from physical to online can seem daunting, but remember that you’ve already done the hardest part: creating a brand and products that people love.
The transition to e-commerce meets what your customers like offline, in the online world, attracting a new whole audience. If you think you need help in this transition phase, ask the digital marketing agencies for a free quote.
Find everything about our solution by clicking on the link below.
You may also be interested in this quick guide on how to sell on Instagram