Optimize digital campaigns with a Lookalike audience
Similar audiences are a great way to reach new people who are likely to be interested in your business, as they have similar characteristics to your existing best customers. Let’s see in-depth what it is and when it is convenient to use it.
What is a lookalike audience?
The lookalike is an audience with interests similar to your existing audience. This is a great tool to reach new customers who will certainly be interested in your business, as they are similar to your frequent customers.
In this way, it is possible to find users who have characteristics and interests similar to those who are already customers or consumers, which naturally leads to more effective segmentation.
What is the purpose of creating a lookalike audience?
In an objective way, lookalike is intended to increase the reach to an audience, resorting to the use of people similar to the original base on which it was built.
Through the lookalike audience, it is possible to build more effective campaigns, as they will be aimed at a very similar audience to those who already consume your products.
In practice, the purpose of this tool is quite specific:
- improve targeting of marketing campaigns
- perform a more effective segmentation
Lookalike audiences are based on a source audience, created with information collected through the pixel, your mobile app or your page’s fans.
In this way, it optimizes expenses and reduces the cost of acquiring new customers.
5 Tips You Should Follow To Create A Qualified Audience
Building a qualified audience with a real interest in your products or services requires having already a part of the necessary process for the success of a campaign.
Follow these 5 tips on how to build a qualified audience:
- You can choose the audience size during the audience creation process. Smaller audiences better represent the source audience. The larger the lookalike audience design, the greater the reach potential. However, there will be a reduction in the similarities between the lookalike audience and the source audience. As a rule, a source audience of between 1000 and 50 000 people is recommended.
- It is essential to highlight the importance of paying attention to the quality of the source, that is, if the source public is made up of your best customers instead of all your customers, you will certainly get better results.
- Use your email contacts. Why not take advantage of the contacts you already have and use them as a source audience in building your lookalike audience? This is a very interesting way of targeting because you can choose which emails you want to use or use a list with all email contacts if you want a more generic audience. We recommend you read our article: email marketing: the advantages of creating and managing your contact list
- The likes on the pages are also a factor to take into account. Users who like your page or even a competitor’s pages are individuals who have some kind of interest in the products or services you have. This turns out to be a great opportunity for you, as these are organic interactions that can become potential customers.
- Finally, we could not fail to mention Facebook Pixel, as this tool allows monitoring user behavior, especially on your website. This is a great way to gather data about potential opportunities.
5 things to consider when creating a similar audience
Creating a lookalike audience allows you to achieve a “cold audience”. Unlike “hot audiences”, it allows ads to have a much wider reach in terms of the number of people. Read the following 5 tips that should be adopted when creating lookalikes.
- Your similar audience will only include people from the country or countries you select during creation.
- Your source audience must contain at least 100 people from a single country in order for us to use it as a basis for a similar audience.
- You can create up to 500 similar audiences from a single source audience.
- People from your source audience will be excluded from your lookalike audience unless you use a pixel as your source audience.
- You can use multiple similar audiences at the same time for a single ad set. The ad set will target your ads to people from any of the selected similar audiences.
Ready to create a lookalike audience?
A lookalike audience is a tool that can be used in different platforms and contexts, in the way that is most beneficial to you. Among the platforms on which it can be used are Facebook, Linked In, Google, and Instagram.
If you think the process is too complicated, let’s talk!