Ecommerce: migrate your business from Offline to Online
Before the boost of digital technology, the best way to expand your brand was to open several physical stores. Fortunately, today there are new options for scaling your business.
If your revenue has reached new limits or if you just want to look for a way to reach new customers beyond the physical, it’s time to think about making the transition to the e-commerce market. Find what you need to know to migrate your business from offline to online
Three reasons why you should go online
- Standout from your competitors: having a physical and online presence gives your brand a distinct advantage over your competitors. Most people prefer to shop online, but there are also those who prefer to shop at a store. By offering in-store and online shopping experiences, you can expand your reach and provide a multi-channel experience that will position your company for long-term success over the competition.
- Boost in-store purchases with online browsing: it’s probably not a big surprise that your customers use smartphones to buy products online. What may surprise you is that about half of them will visit your physical store within a day after doing a local search for your brand or products online. The sales funnel has become more complex, as consumers now have the option to view and search for products online before making an in-store purchase. While it is true that a percentage of sales occur in a physical space, consumers can also be persuaded to make an online purchase with a smart email campaign or social media engagement. By launching an ecommerce space, you can thus increase your physical store’s revenue and cover all bases.
- Expand your brand reach: successful companies are always looking for new ways to boost sales and increase their brand identity. Your physical store can only reach your target audience in a specific geographic location. Compare that to the millions – if not billions – of consumers who can access your online store.
Get to know 10 reasons to have e-commerce on your website
How to start an online store?
Are you ready to capitalize on the rise of ecommerce? Here are 5 ways to start the road to success:
- Create an email list: if you don’t have an email list, start creating one before starting your online store. Take advantage of your store’s existing customer base by offering them incentives in exchange for their email address. Once you have a decent-sized list, you can start creating “buzz” with the launch of your online store.
- Promote your store on social networks: don’t forget to promote the launch of your online store on different social networks. Offer special promotions for your grand opening and harness the power of live video to create “buzz”. There is no shame in asking your customers to share your posts! It is good to use all the necessary opportunities to advertise your new online store. (Read: How to sell on Instagram starter guide)
- Choose the right e-commerce platform: one of the most difficult decisions a business owner must make is determining which e-commerce platform will best match their needs and that of their store.
- Reassess your target audience: as a seasoned entrepreneur, you’ve probably researched your target audience before opening your physical store. You must do this exercise again before starting your online store. Take some time to learn more about your demographics, type of audience, and competitors’ scenery before making the leap into the world of e-commerce. After discovering new markets, you can create additional customer personas that will help shape your future marketing campaigns.
- Implement a marketing strategy: the success of your ecommerce will depend a lot on your marketing strategy. If it is not your specialty or if you have doubts, contact digital marketing agencies and ask for quotes, it is necessary to implement a solid digital marketing strategy. Without a clear direction, you can put your online store at risk. Creating a digital marketing strategy doesn’t happen overnight, so start working on it some time before launch. When your online store is up and running, your marketing strategies will continue to be critical to finding and retaining customers.
Start by creating an eCommerce strategy that can be used to inform the development of a website that reflects your brand values and is optimized for conversion. Don’t forget to establish a plan to keep your momentum going and keep ecommerce sales going.
Bet on E-Commerce
The transition from offline to online can seem daunting, but remember that you’ve already done the hardest part: creating a brand and products that people love.
The transition to ecommerce meets what your customers like offline to attract a new online audience.
If you think you need help in this transition phase, ask the digital marketing agencies for a free quote.
Find out about our solution by clicking on the link below.