4 Tips to Sell More Through Email Marketing
It doesn’t matter what channels you use to interact with your customers. You can’t leave email marketing out!
To prepare email marketing campaigns we face infinite possibilities on the way to make them effective. Each brand has its own formula, but the ultimate goal is the same: increase conversions. You just have to find out what your formula is!
First, we must think about:
- the general structure
- what content will be sent
- what is the call to action, that is, what action we want our reader to take when clicking the button
In this article, we’ll introduce you to four basic fundamentals that help to increase conversions and tactics for optimizing your emails.
1) Develop a need for your product
Before getting someone to take a certain action, we need to create a desire for the product or service we are offering.
According to Adam Ferrier, author of The Advertising Effect Change Behavior, the yearning for something comes from two elements: individual encouragement and social norms. In terms of marketing, this feeling comes from a solution that our product or service can offer to solve the problem that the consumer is facing.
Focusing content on the benefits of our product or service is much more effective than talking about its features or options, as it helps consumers understand how it can improve their lives.
2) Encourage the consumer to take action
One way to make the customer take a desire action is through images. In niches like gastronomy or even fashion, images are everything. A good picture can increase a person’s motivation, and encourage them to want your product. This becomes even more important if your business involves something very visual.
3) Diminish any doubts from potential customers
In order to foster our consumer’s desire to buy, we must reduce any anxiety and doubts they may have at the time of conversion. In terms of marketing, this includes any feelings of discomfort or unease.
Among the main causes, there is a concern about how much our offer is worth, the investment (time and money) of the consumer, doubt, and insecurity. Apart from that, there is a concern about if our product is the right choice.
Before we can reduce this feeling of anxiety, we should look ahead to understand what the reasons might be and then work on reducing it.
Ways to reduce customer doubts:
- Show happy customer testimonials in email marketing campaigns, but don’t limit it to a simple statement. Try to include names and photos to give veracity to what is said;
- Create creative, personalized emails, with an opt-out button. The opt-out sounds dangerous, but it can be a very positive move. (In this article, you can see some cool ideas for your email subjects)
4) Speed up campaign conversions
One more tip to increase the chances of conversion is to show the path that leads to the purchase action. The reader must understand what he needs to do as simply as possible. The easier the access, the more conversions.
- Use call-to-action (CTA) buttons that stand out from the rest of the email content, both in size (larger in proportion) and in colors (in contrast to the other elements).
- Avoid elements that could be distracting. It is better to use a cleaner design without excessive images to ensure that the reader’s attention is not diverted from what really matters. Simplicity can set CTA apart.
To improve your campaigns, find out how you can sell more using a link bundler.
Some important points for a good email campaign
Remember to answer these 3 questions before closing the message that will be sent:
- Do you encourage your reader to take a certain action?
- Do you diminish potential doubts and insecurities?
- Is the campaign easy to understand?
If the answer is yes to all the questions, then you are ready to start submitting the emails. If there is a ‘no’, rethink the strategy to ensure that email marketing campaigns convert effectively.
By showing the path that our readers should follow, we increase the chances of conversion and also reduce any doubts or anxiety they may have regarding the product. That way, we will also see better results in our email marketing campaigns.
Email marketing campaigns are like sending a love letter, we have to conquer our recipient to get a YES!!